Hi, I'm Christoph Friedrich...
...and what you're seeing here is what interests me most: Earth, and ways to discover its secrets.
I studied Geoinformatics at ifgi / WWU Münster, followed by a master in Informatics. My interests include satellite imagery and ways to put it to use, good cartography, all things climate and weather, well-designed user interfaces. Personally, I also like to explore the rock we're on with my own eyes, so I've been to a few places on a few continents.
I'm on Github, check it out for a glimpse on things I've been up to.
You can also find me on Twitter.
If you'd like to get in touch, shoot me an email to
christoph ät friedrich minus whv dot de – I'm looking forward to hear from you! :)
Stuff of mine floating around the web
- This hub listing all openEO-compatible backends was my bachelor thesis.
- If you're curious what this openEO thing even is, you're lucky I held a science slam about it.
- I also presented the project at a conference with serious slides.
- While active in the Fachschaft, I coded a lot of this infodisplay.
- I spent two years of my life in Australia, writing about it in a blog called Beutelpost.
- In high school I kiddy-scripted a football result guessing competition for some 2000 users.
- Back when I had more time, I dedicated quite a bit of it towards improving Wikipedia.
- There's a youth organisation in my home town that I'm volunteering in since 2011 by organising children's summer camps and running the website.